Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SEARCH PARAMETERS    

SEARCH PARAMETERS

ldeloresmoore
China

SEARCH PARAMETERS

Hi, everybody -- 

Just a moment to pick your collective brains,if you don �t mind.

I thought I �d get a feel for the search function on this site after a few months, but I think maybe I �m still not quite getting the hang of it.   I frequently get no results at all -- too specific? So, if I broaden the parameters a bit, then I get countless pages of potential results,  so many that they are impossible to go through.

I suspect I �m not using this site to its fullest, and this is the thing that �s holding me back.

Do any of you have any suggestions?  I mostly download ppts, with a sprinkling of other things.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers from China,

Dee 

13 Apr 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi,

I sometimes have the same problem but I have tried to search more specifically without being too specific.
For example: if you want a power point on the past simple try searching "past simple powerpoint", or if you want a powerpoint for a speaking activity you may try "speaking powerpoint".
I �m not sure if this will be of great help but it �s a start.
Happy hunting!

Georgina 

13 Apr 2016     

spied-d-aignel
France

Well, the thing is that if you type something you want in the "CONTENT " window up there  at the top of the forum page, you will probably fall on several pages of contributions , but as they are ordered   with those which got most downloads first, you can probably trust their quality, for example if you type "comparatives and superlatives " you will fall on Katiana �s and others � great work;Hope it helps, cheers Sylvie

13 Apr 2016     

ldeloresmoore
China

Thanks, Sylvia -- That actually DOES help. I didn �t know that they were ordered by most downloaded.  That does bring some comfort.  

And at least I know I �m not alone in the search frustration. 

Thanks, gang. I appreciate it :-) 

13 Apr 2016