Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Buying ready made esl games    

Buying ready made esl games

blizzard1
Denmark

Buying ready made esl games

Hello

I was wondering if some of you could recommend some useful ready made games to be used in the classroom.
They could be something you either bought or downloaded but that you have tried with succes.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Elizabeth 

25 Apr 2016      

stu386747
Korea, South

I �m teaching here in Korea at a middle school. This past winter, during our winter camp, the students made the game �Settlers of Catan �. They seemed to have a great time with it and I also provided them with lots of different phrases (in English) for them to use while playing. They had a blast with it. I have the files that I received from another person and edited for my classes. Let me know if you would like the templates.

25 Apr 2016     

ninon100
Russian Federation

MONOPOLY IN English is the best. Money talks! :)
TABOO is the second for me - but with pre-int and int students I simply use it as a guessing game, with them giving the definitions of words using the taboo language on the cards. It �s easier that way. 

RORY �s CUBES is very popular with students, too! Comes in different versions.

SPEECH is a wonderful activity because there are so many rules you can play it by!

26 Apr 2016     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

http://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-ASMDOK01EN-Dobble-Kids/dp/B00KIQ3X4Q
Great game, however for poor Czech teacher still expensive, as you need more of them if you want to play with the whole group. So I �ll have to prepare my own, which is very time consuming. That´s why we have holidays, isn �t it?

26 Apr 2016     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

And Activity of course. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/229049/romanian-second-edition

26 Apr 2016     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

And also here www.teachingenglishgames.com
there are books with games for all ages, many games that go with stories and songs for young learners.

28 Apr 2016     

nymphea2000
France

I use Spot it basic english and Time �s up. Both are very popular with the students and regarding the times up the youths can create their own cards so it �s quite cheap ;)

Taboo is also great.

29 Apr 2016