Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Downloaded worksheets losing all their formatting    

Downloaded worksheets losing all their formatting

WanderingJoe
Nicaragua

Downloaded worksheets losing all their formatting

Hi from Nicaragua!

I downloaded many worksheets which when I try to open them in word or as a PDF they are all jumbled up, images on top of text and vice versa.

Is this a known problem and is there any solution to it?  

Many thanks! 

3 May 2016      

oxXSABXxo
Germany

There �s no problem my dear!

Well, I �m not a computer expert so forgive me if my�explanation isn �t really understandable...
Here is normally what you get�when you�try�to open�your files:
�At the top of the page you can see it is written "Mode prot�g�" (in the English version of word you �ll see Protected View) you have to disable it in order to fix the positioning problem of the pictures and texts. Here is a link that explains how to do that.
Hope it helps you a bit! Abigail.

Ps: Link to Sylvie �s worksheet: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=869741#thetop

3 May 2016     

karagozian
France

I hav� the same problem with my iPad, never with my PC.

3 May 2016     

Tony C
United Kingdom

Sometimes it is to do with the different versions of word. The file may have been created for example with a 2015 version of word, but opened with an earlier version which it  cannot read properly.

4 May 2016     

WanderingJoe
Nicaragua

All very helpful answers, thank you everyone!  Sorry for my late reply.

JOe.

7 May 2016