Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Language Lab    

Language Lab

sangeeta.chaudhri
India

Language Lab

Need ideas  for a language lab,Please suggest some nice ideas for the bulletin boards in the room, some nice activities etc

9 May 2016      

elderberrywine
Germany

I �m not quite sure what you mean by language lab, but I �ll try to make some suggestions. 

You might glue a map of GB or the US on cardboard, or on paper and laminate it, and cut it up to make a puzzle out of it.

You could have a "weather clock" on which every morning students can turn an arrow to the word that describes the weather you are having. 

You could create posters about the American election system or the pedigree of the British royal family. 
I would have a "word of the day" area somewhere for which I choose an interesting word every day - and talk about it. Maybe an interesting neologism for older students  (Check Macmillan Buzz Word on the web if you are interested)
I would have one seasonal corner which I would decorate according to British or American festivities around the year. 

Is that the sort of thing you mean?
 elderberry

11 May 2016