Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Speed dating!    

Speed dating!

papadeli
Greece

Speed dating!

Do you know Speed Dating? Well, this is a bit different but still exciting! Having your students in pairs is easy I guess. But how would they feel if you asked them to find their perfect match?
I want them to practise Simple Past Questions so this is what I �m going to work on. Instead of boring drilling, they �ll be asking each other questions about yesterday.
They all have their questions on a piece of paper :
"you/go to school yesterday"
"your father/ cook"
" your mother /do the housework"
But they have to answer them before asking their partners.
They have one minute until I call out "Speed Date Switch"!
They change partners and start the whole procedure from the beginning.
The perfect match? The ones who have the same answers!

Greetings from Greece,

http://papadeligames.wordpress.com/

12 May 2016      

zybex86
Poland

Great idea ! Thanks for bringing this up - I can now use a similar exercise with my students :D

12 May 2016     

lakilitp
United States

Searching for a fun speed dating event in Toronto? Trust the experts at Original Dating, who organize hundreds of experiences across the country each year. You can check speed dating toronto From evenings based around the classic format to lock and key parties, there are plenty of ways to meet a potential match.

22 Oct 2022