Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for Lesson Introduction (Writing Information Report)    

Ideas for Lesson Introduction (Writing Information Report)

worldangel
Singapore

Ideas for Lesson Introduction (Writing Information Report)

I am an English teacher in Singapore and would like to know if anyone has any idea on how to start a lesson on questioning and writing information reports. It would be rather dry to ask the kids (grade 3 - 9 years old) to jump straight into writing the reports so I would like to have some activities (songs, games, etc) as a warming up. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

2 Mar 2009      

dareka1
Japan

I don �t!

2 Mar 2009     

alex1968
Greece

How about doing a class survey/ qustionnaire on a specific topic (hobbies and free time activities/eating habit etc) and then working out the statistics...
For example: most pupils say/said... a few like.... half of the children in this class....etc.

After all, reports are based on some type of "findings/investigation into sth /survey/questionnaire"

I �m not sure what you �re supposed to do the reports on, but you could use the topic to do a class survey or get your Ss to questions the Ss of other classes...

Although writing reports for 9year olds seems a bit difficult!  Do they know past simple?  You may have to do it all in present simple.

2 Mar 2009     

worldangel
Singapore

Thanks Alex. For everyone �s information, the information report is more like a simple factual recount on sea creatures. Not anything too complicated cos they are just 9 year old :P

2 Mar 2009