Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Rearrangement    

Rearrangement

tommy1996
Vietnam

Rearrangement

Please help me with the sentence surroundings/of/it/man/wastes/that/is/ actually/the/with/kinds/is/many/destroying/ Thanks in advance

20 May 2016      

FrauSue
France

I think that the "is" should actually be "its" and that there is a word missing from your list.

Man is actually destroying its surroundings with the many kinds of ____ that it wastes. (??)

I would prefer: Man is actually destroying his surroundings with the many kinds of waste that he produces. 

20 May 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

A: Man is destroying the environment with his greed and lack of conservation.

B:It is actually that man is destroying the surroundings with many kinds of wastes.

Waste should be singular here.

20 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

Like the others, I don �t think these words can make a sentence. Bruce

20 May 2016     

L. habach
Morocco

20 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

Good job L. habach

20 May 2016     

FrauSue
France

L Habach - your sentence is grammatically correct, and I think it �s the best option.

However I don �t think it really feels very natural.  

21 May 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Howabout:

Actually, it is man that is destroying the *surroundings* with many kinds of wastes

and

Actually, I cheated!   I googled L. habach�s suggestion and I found this and I am wondering if tommy�s exercise perhaps came from this because it has also has �wastes� in it.

Cheers

Jayho

22 May 2016