Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > IT Help - change R to L format in Word 10 to L to R    

IT Help - change R to L format in Word 10 to L to R

Jayho
Australia

IT Help - change R to L format in Word 10 to L to R

Hi everyone

I have an IT problem for which I am seeking an easy one-off solution.

My student prepared her resume, in English, at home on her computer, which uses an Arabic setting, so right to left.

When she opened it in our PC Lab, although the text appeared as left to right, when you click the hide/show icon you can see that all the return formatting marks are on the left instead of the right.  I found it extremely challenging to edit because you have to do the opposite of what you would normally do. She was also confused as she finds it difficult to use our left to right format.

I know you can change language settings on your PC but what I am after is just a trick to change it just on that one document so that formatting goes from left to right so that I can edit it, and then put it back to right to left so she can update/modify it on her home computer.

Cheers

Jayho

30 May 2016      

redcamarocruiser
United States

30 May 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Hi redcamorocruiser

Thx so much for working on this problem.  I ve never delved into those tools and was quite amazed to see what was actually available.  Next time we are in the PC lab I shall try it out on my student s resume.

Cheers

Jayho

31 May 2016