Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you help me?    

Could you help me?

crisgy
Spain

Could you help me?

Hello!

I would like to know if you could help me with this sentence. I am not sure whether the red part is OK.

"Always trying to ensure equal opportunities for students while preventing, as far as possible, school failure and subsequent risk of dropping out of the educational system."

Thank you in advance,

Have a lovely day!

:)

8 Jun 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi!

As far as I can see there is nothing wrong with the red part of the sentence. There are no grammatical mistakes and it sounds right to my ear.

Have a nice day! 

8 Jun 2016     

mariec
Spain

I would put " the subsequent risk ..."

8 Jun 2016     

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

For me it doesn�t look like a sentence, only like a part of it, as there is neither  a subject nor a predicate  in it.

But I fully agree with georginasantanna about the red part of it.  

8 Jun 2016     

crisgy
Spain

Thank you so much for all your answers. I really appreciate them

9 Jun 2016     

FrauSue
France

You need to write "the subsequent risk" in the red part.
I also agree that you need a verb to make this into a full sentence, unless it is a bullet point in a checklist of objectives or something similar. 

9 Jun 2016     

12bprecise
Mexico

To make it a complete sentence, change the second word to a finite verb: "always try"

9 Jun 2016