Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > different rooms in an organization    

different rooms in an organization

t.javanshir
Australia

different rooms in an organization

Hi there,

I have some questions about different sections/rooms in an organization:

1. what is the room where main official activities or paperwork are performed? (official affairs? official services? or what?)
2. what is the department responsible for any problems in the organization? problems with the wiring, elevator, furnace, power, water, ...(maintenance? services? or what?) 
3. And what is the room where tools and equipment for this department (in number 2) are kept? 
4. what is the room responsible for connecting lines and phone calls? (operator room? or what?)
5. what  is the department or agents responsible for the security of the whole organization? (security? guards? or what?)
6. what is the room where the furnace (for heating of the whole building) is kept? (furnace room?)
7. what is the room from where the buildings whole electricity is provided? (power room? or what?)
8. what is the room where all the records, files, and folders are kept? 

if you have any sources or websites where I can find these, please introduce them too.

Thank you,

Toofan 

18 Jul 2016      

Apodo
Australia

I �m not really sure of the official terms, but here �s a start:  

1. Administration
2.Maintenance
3. Maintenance Equipment
4. Reception, Communications 
5. Security
6. Air-conditioning plant (reverse cycle)
7. Power room, Switchboard
8. Records, Archives 

19 Jul 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

It probably depends on the type of organization. I found several organizational charts for rooms in an organization in a google images search.

19 Jul 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Here is redcamarocrouiser �s link again, just a bit shorter (in order to fix the main page):

Thanks for sharing! 

19 Jul 2016