Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Dear colleagues could you help me plz with this activity    

Dear colleagues could you help me plz with this activity

ninaone33
Algeria

Dear colleagues could you help me plz with this activity

14 Jan 2017      

ninaone33
Algeria

There are two tenses present continuous and be going to sometimes as they are the same ok going to for planning but in this activity I can �t make my mind

14 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

For the first three, either "going to" or present continuous works, although present continuous sounds a little more natural.

For "And where are you going to stay/staying?", either sounds natural.

After that, the "going to" form sounds better. For the fourth from the end, too much is cut off, but Lydia seems to be asking, "... but what are you going to do while you �re there?" This one definitely needs "going to", as does the rest of the dialogue.

Unfortunately, I �m just going by how it sounds to me, and can �t give you a reason for any of my answers.

Bruce 

14 Jan 2017     

ninaone33
Algeria

You are a helpful and impactful teacher. We must crown you one of these days. I truly appreciate your unconditional generosity. You will never know how many times your name is uttered.

15 Jan 2017     

caren_630
Egypt

The first three are �going to �. We use future going to for things that we have planned to do in future. Moreover, we use present continuous to express near future. However, I believe the first three answers are going to be future going to.The forth is �are staying �. We use present continuous to express temporary situation. They are staying at their friends � during their vacation only. The rest is future going to as they are talking and asking about plans.

15 Jan 2017     

ninaone33
Algeria

thanks a lot.you deserve all our respect

16 Jan 2017