Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Two questions     

Two questions

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Two questions

Dear All ;-) 
I have  two questions. Would you mind helping me out?
1) I don �t know what my student meant. Here is her sentence:
And forests are destroyed several times speed  of growth speed forests and trees. ( presentation on deforestation)

2) What are onomatopeic words for fear?  (I tried to google them but to no avail.)

Thanks in advance,
E. 

16 Jan 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I dont really understand what your student has written. MAybe she means that trees are being chopped down ta a much faster rate than new ones can grow to replace them. MMm not sure about no 2... ILl keep thinking.... Sorry about mistakes, got tiny tablet. ON holiday in the sun, but still checking eslp Smiley face

16 Jan 2017     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Dear Cunliffe. 
Thanks a lot!!!. Enjoy your holiday!!!

16 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

Yes, I �m sure Lynne has it right. I would re-word it as "And forests are being destroyed at several times the speed with which new forests and trees can grow."

Bruce

16 Jan 2017     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Thank you so much,Bruce

16 Jan 2017     

khamby22
United States

Onomatopoeia for fear would be sounds that you make when you �re scared right?  
The best I can think of is EEP! and ACK! (more surprise).  I �ve seen a lot of people write "GASP!" and "GULP!" as if they were onomatopoeia.  I think they express the sentiment well, even if they aren �t necessarily onomatopoeia.

On a side note, that �s the most I �ve ever written onomatopoeia in my life! Hehe!

16 Jan 2017     

FrauSue
France

More ideas for onomatopoeia of fear:

Aaargh! is what we say when we scream.
Oh! and Eek! can express surprise.
Ghosts say "woo" for some reason.

17 Jan 2017     

douglas
United States

Yikes!

17 Jan 2017     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Thank you so much for your suggestions. All very precious! I kept searching the Internet and finally found something interesting: Dictionary of Interjections. There �s only one iterjection forfear there: "aaaaawh!" Have a good day. E.

17 Jan 2017