Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > worksheets about bakery, patisserie, pastry, bread, baking for ADULT learners    

worksheets about bakery, patisserie, pastry, bread, baking for ADULT learners

vitamin t
Germany

worksheets about bakery, patisserie, pastry, bread, baking for ADULT learners

Hi everyone,

I �m Tanja and I teach at a German vocational school for professions related to cooking and baking. My students are mainly teenagers or adults in their early twenties who are training to be pastry chefs. Do you have any nice worksheets or other ideas for this target group?
Thanks so much
Tanja

18 Jan 2017      

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi Tanja,

One thing that came to my mind was to challenge them to make recipes, you can organise a competition for the best recipe.
They can also do some research on pastries from other countries and make powerpoint presentations for the classmates.
They could also prepare the English Pastry Day or Week or something like that.
I have never taught pastry students so I don �t have any worksheets and these ideas may be a bit vague but I think some might work.

jfaraujo 

18 Jan 2017     

vitamin t
Germany

Thank you for your reply - some great ideas.

18 Jan 2017     

maryse pey�
France

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/pastry

You can try such sites ? 

18 Jan 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Here are some ideas if stds are int or above:

1. Using the glossary at this site, stds in pairs create a vocabulary wall / activity card set / ppt by finding googling images to match each word

2. Stds research a famous pastry chef and prepare a short talk for the class. For example, many would be surprised to learn that  Ho Chi Minh was a pastry chef on a liner

3. In pairs, stds choose a country and then google the a famous pastry chef for that country and prepare a short presentation about that person

Cheers

Jayho

19 Jan 2017     

FrauSue
France

You could try watching cookery videos on YouTube - they have to make notes and then explain the recipe and methods and equipment to their classmates in a presentation. Look for Mary Berry, Lorraine Pascale or Rachael Ray to start with.

21 Jan 2017