Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > preposition    

preposition

janaesl
Saudi Arabia

preposition

Dear teachers i need help
is this sentence correct . we go to the park during the weekend. i know that we can say at the weekend or on the weekend.
waiting for quick reply 

22 Jan 2017      

Interpaul
Spain

I would say �We go to the park on weekends � in order to state the fact that you do it every weekend. Otherwise, I would use the past simple: �We went to the park during the weekend � and in this case I think it would be correct.
Hope you find this useful!
Best regards 

22 Jan 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I would not say during the weekend.  We went to the park last weekend. We went to the park over the weekend. 

22 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

Like Mary, I wouldn �t say "during the weekend".

Bruce 

22 Jan 2017     

ldeloresmoore
China

I agree with everybody else. 

The *ONLY* time I can think of that I might maybe possibly use "during" would be a very specific, short-term action and I �m not sure of the exact time.

For example:  At some point during the weekend, he lost his keys.  ---- But even in this case, I �d be more likely to say "over the weekend".   

22 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

Good point, Delores,
In the middle of a story, it could definitely be possible to use your "during the weekend" sentence, depending on the exact context.

Bruce 

22 Jan 2017     

aroosh13
Hong Kong

I think its better to say ön weekends"if it is your habitual action ( you go there every weekend).  Like some teacher suggested here, �" during the weekend " is used when there is the uncertainty of period of time.

23 Jan 2017     

janaesl
Saudi Arabia

thank you every body

24 Jan 2017