Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mixed level adult class    

Mixed level adult class

grimsim
France

Mixed level adult class

Hello dear friends,
I will teach a mixed level adult class soon and I would like you to provide me with guidelines on how to proceed knowing that the group is made up of 10 people who have completely different levels: some have never studied English and some have and others already communicate in it. Thanks 

30 Jan 2017      

ldeloresmoore
China

This is a really difficult thing to do.   If possible, try to put the strong people together and the weak people together. 

This way, the strong people don �t get bored, and the weak people don �t get embarrassed.  

Try to design a lesson that you can easily add elements to so that it is more challenging for the stronger students.   At the same time, you can easily take away parts of it to make it easier for the weaker students.

If you are looking for group activities so that you can allow them to do as much talking as possible,  I �ve contributed a few games that might help you. Look for my Sentence Building Dice Game and also my Story Poker game.   Both of these can be made harder or easier, as your needs require.   Also, both of them are fully editable so that you can customize it to the abilities of your group.

Good luck!! 

31 Jan 2017