Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > My favourite mushrooms    

My favourite mushrooms

victor
Spain

In Spain they are called boletus, too, and they are quite popular. When I go to the forest, all the boletus are gone.  (I should get up earlier )

10 Mar 2017     

falafel
Tunisia

In Arabic they are called Fitr (pronounced: f i t r )

10 Mar 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

God bless wikipedia :) Is t the �დათვის სოკო � - bear �s mushroom - I spent my youth hunting for in the mountains? Delicious!  I come across these at times, in stores, but they are different. :( Maybe the excitement of finding them when i was a kid made them special and taste good. The kids light a fire, with their knees bleeding after the day �s adventure of finding the bear �s mushroom. It �s not hallucigenic, I dare say, but why would we envision bears watching us when we kids would squat round the fire eating them? :) Well, well... Oh, by the way, various worms like to crunch on them, also, so you should be lucky if you find them undamaged in the wild. Giorgi

10 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Look at these beautiful oyster mushrooms, which are my favourite. These are called  girolles in French and I know this because Karagozian has emailed me a lovely picture of some. I believe she is something of a horticulturalist and I must say it sounds as if her garden is full of wonderful things. 

10 Mar 2017     

01marissa
Spain

I think it �s called a king bolete. In catalan cep. The word bolet is used for all species of mushrooms

10 Mar 2017     

karagozian
France

Oh Lynne your girolles look so tired, colorless I mean. I �ll send you a parcel one day. GIorgi is right. They are even better with a good glass of red wine.

10 Mar 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I like portobello mushrooms.  https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/54811/know-your-mushrooms/

10 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

These ones are much healthier looking! They are Monique �s. 
I�ve got the glass of red! Wish I could share...

10 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

Since you mentioned portobellos, Mary, I �ll make an observation about the people of the US. Cremini mushrooms have been popular in the US for many years. When portobello mushrooms started becoming better known, about 10 years ago, I think, it was frequently pointed out that they are just mature cremini mushrooms. Now the portobellos have become very popular, and cremini mushrooms are frequently marketed as "baby portobello mushrooms", and even called "baby bellas". It �s kind of like Michael Douglas started his career as Kirk Douglas �s son, but later, Kirk Douglas was known as Michael Douglas �s father.

Bruce 

10 Mar 2017     

nando10
Brazil

Here in Brazil they are called  , Cogumelos  ou Champignon !!

10 Mar 2017     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >