Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > english street    

english street

nagi_han
Turkey

english street

my friends, I plan to make an english street in the corridor of my school by making use of the walls and setting,but I can �t decide what to do.How can I benefit from materials?What kind of matetials should I use?It is a difficult job,I know it but I must.Please help me.Maybe, you may have some ideas related to this street or you may have interesting materials.

23 Mar 2017      

spinney
United Kingdom

I �ve done this before on our summer camps by just giving very English names to the different rooms (Trafalgar Square, Downing Street etc.) Using old English newspapers as wallpaper, perhaps a red post box made out of cardboard or even giving house names to the rooms that are puns, (Welcomb Inn, Waite and Sea, Little Snoring etc.)
Check out this school �s photos. I walked past it the other week and I was dead impressed by its decor.
Either way, I �m sure you �ll have fun. 

23 Mar 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Maybe you could have the students make a poster for each or some of the following topics: famous English musicians, famous sights, typical food, famous British authors, map of London, famous British sayings, British holidays.  Then line the hallway with the posters.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mownbywhite/8454085789/ has an example of a hallway decoated with posters.

23 Mar 2017     

nagi_han
Turkey

Thanks so much.I will definitely apply your suggestion.Unfortunately,although I �m looking forward to seeing the website, there is a problem with that.

23 Mar 2017     

nagi_han
Turkey

thanks;))

23 Mar 2017