Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ESL Lessons based on Movies (140+) by Level of Difficulty     

ESL Lessons based on Movies (140+) by Level of Difficulty

glutenfree
Poland

ESL Lessons based on Movies (140+) by Level of Difficulty

Hi everybody, I�ve just come across this website: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com/index.html Could anyone recommend a movie that might be suitable for an intermediate level? I�ve already watched � The Devil Wears Prada �. Thank you in advance for your help. Glutenfree

3 May 2017      

joannajs
Poland

Hi there,

I looked at the website and it depends on the students you teach and if you can have captions/subtitles switched on. Obviously, The Artist was done in the convention of a silent movie of the 1920s (so not much English there, the film itself should be easiest), Hitch, Forrest Gump and perhaps Avatar shouldn �t be too hard and I guess perhaps your students may know them in their own language? This may help, too. I would look at the worksheet first - it shouldn �t be too hard in the first place :-)

best of luck,

joanna 

3 May 2017     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Nanny McPhee, Groundhog day, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Sense and Sensibility, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Illusionist, Johnny English, Amadeus - there are so many of them! I can offer you worksheets, too.

3 May 2017     

douglas
United States

Parenthood

4 May 2017     

joannajs
Poland

BTW, the movies you guys were suggesting are NOT on the website Glutenfree was asking about...

4 May 2017     

glutenfree
Poland

Dear colleagues,

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

4 May 2017