Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reading material (A short story )    

Reading material (A short story )

medderraz
Morocco

Reading material (A short story )

Dear friends & colleagues,
    How are you doing with teaching & its related duties & responsibilities ?!
I hope you are having a great time doing it (& enjoying it  ) .. Some years ago - & it was quite a long time ago ! - I came across a very attractive & interesting story in a collection of short stories (they weren �t quite short anyway !) The title was similar to "Love Comes to Mrs Dallaway .." (Sorry, I �m not quite sure of the name .. )

However, the main events are still vivid & clear in my mind ..; it was about two American ladies & sisters, in their middle age who went to Mexico on holiday, they stayed in a hotel & got to know a young man who was working there (as a guide or a receptionist .. - I �m also not quite sure !) .. Day after day, they started getting more friendlier & intimate with each other.. until one day, the young man suggested to take the ladies on a bout trip across a Lake that was near the hotel .. they like the idea, so he rowed and rowed while talking very nicely & showing much courtesy to them ... When they got to the other side of the lake & stopped ashore , they descended ..

In the end, the young man is going to cut one of the two sisters finger after he probably killed her !! Guess why ? to steal a ring that was on her finger & looked like it had a diamond !!

Now, my dear colleagues, if anyone knows this story, can you tell me where can I find it ? Thank you in advance & have a nice time ..  

14 May 2017      

maryse pey�
France

It sounds to me like the kind of stories (from different authors) Alfred Hitchcock liked to gather and that became a series of books with titles like "Stories not to sleep a wink" or "Stories for a white night" or "Stories to read with all the lights on" ...

The plots were kinda detective or psychological stories with always an unexpected end.

15 May 2017