Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > short stories    

short stories

Telita011
Argentina

short stories

Hi everybody! could any of you suggest me a good short story to teach in 5th grade 
thanks in advance :) 

8 Jul 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What is their level of English and how long a short story do you need? There is a lot out there! If you have time to order books, Macmillan EAL readers are great. One of my favourites is �Blue Fins, � it �s a great story, with beautiful illustrations and very simple English - it �s written in the present tense. 
On here, a great short story writer is sirhaj - check out his �Think Tales �. Think tales This is one, he has uploaded a good number.
One of my favourite short stories is �The Ghost at the Crossroads � and I have uploaded a version of it. You can really simplify this.
�The Monkey�s Paw�, a great classic. I get my students to decide on their three wishes before we start. Then, after the story, we come back to their three wishes and discuss what could go wrong with them. Lots of versions are available and there are youtube clips. I use this - it�s in two parts, with activities around it. 

10 Jul 2017