Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CAPTION COMPETITION.    

CAPTION COMPETITION.

Minka
Slovenia

I don �t have the nerves for a real jockey, so I only take part in hobby jockey tournaments - it �s  much easier and I don �t have to share the prize! 

13 Jul 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s the latest must-have hobby horse, (but it �s not as good as mine;-)

I stole Minka �s idea! 

14 Jul 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Everyone loves to horse around once in a while

15 Jul 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Hello Members:

I �m so pleased that you have all taken part in the Caption Competition! I �ve had a good laugh, a wry smile, and the occasional shake of the head, in wonderment at your fantastic contributions. They are, indeed, �fantastic �, for they come from the realms of fantasy ... not from the, sometimes, boring world of reality.

I recall, several years back, one of the ESLP Members complaining that Jokes, Puzzles, and Competitions were not appropriate for the Forum. This was a Forum for serious discussions about English.

I said then, and I say now, that the ability to successfully manipulate the words of a language, ANY language, is a worthy accomplishment. To be able to do so, and to make the audience laugh out loud at the result, is a HUGE achievement!

They say, (whoever �they � may be), that to tell jokes in a foreign language is a sign that you have an excellent knowledge of that language.

On a regular basis, the Caption Competition demonstrates the superb language skills of ESLP Members,

AND ... the winner is ... Muller, with:

"Do you know what, Jockey Rodney? You´re a real Ass! How ridiculous I look because of your so-called aerodynamic posture! It´s the last time you´ve ridden a champion thoroughbred like me!"

Congratulations, Muller, and it �s over to you for the next Caption Picture.

Les Douglas

16 Jul 2017     

MULLER
France

Thanks a lot for choosing me, Les ! Your photo was really original . I hope the competitors will be inspired by my new caption !
Coming soon...
Marie-Thérèse Muller

16 Jul 2017     

MULLER
France

CAPTION COMPETITION

Thanks a lot for choosing me , Les ! Your photo was really original ! I hope the competitors will be inspired by my new pic .
Here is my choice for the next caption competition  !  Good Luck Everybody !

Marie-Th�r�se Muller

16 Jul 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

What do they mean, I �m not old enough to participate?   

16 Jul 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Marie-Therese,

Great picture!  can you re-upload it as a new topic? Or else it will soon disappear off the front page.
Thanks,

Lynne  

16 Jul 2017     

< Previous   1    2