Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NATIONAL STEREOTYPES    

NATIONAL STEREOTYPES

Antonio Oliver
Spain

NATIONAL STEREOTYPES

Hi Friends,

I need your help. I �m working on a WS called  NATIONAL STEREOTYPES. I �d like to include famous quotes about different countries / nationalities. My favourite so far is :

“An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one.”
George Mikes

Can you add to the list? What do people think of your country?   Is it true?

Many thanks 

10 Aug 2017      

valodra
France

"An English gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipe....and who doesn �t. A french musician is someone who can �t play music....and who does....and who does....:-( "

- The French are rude. False. Only Parisians are ( esp waiters )
- The French stink. False ( it �s their cheese...)
- The French can �t speak English. False. They can say sankyou and plizzzzzzzzz( but English teachers are underpaid...)
- The French ride their bikes wearing berêts. False. The Dutch ride bikes. Berêts are worn in the Pays Basque only.
-  The French are lazy. False. But the government is !

- The French drink a lot of wine. True. It �s good for your health !
- The French walk with "baguettes" in their hands. True. They cannot afford anything else but bread....
- The French can be arrogant. True, but who wouldn �t ?? when living in the greatest country in the world ????
- The French politicians have sex affairs. True. Because they don �t work...a lot
- The French think their food is the best. True. The ones who haven �t tried pork �s head , snails, frogs �legs....yet 

- The French have no sense of humour. True. See above ;-))

Have a nice day ! ( Weather forecast : weather has been cancelled in Northern France. 15° - cold - rainy...
Val 

10 Aug 2017     

douglas
United States

Bildergebnis für charles v speak spanish to god

10 Aug 2017     

TeacherDianaRenke
Vietnam

Heaven is where the cooks are French, the police are British, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and everything is organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the cooks are British, the police are German, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is organized by the Italians.

Not my words

10 Aug 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Love these! @TeacherDianaRenke  LOL
Here �s a fun article about the British.
And some quotes... No. 4 made me laugh; I ain�t going to FinlandWink

And what I say: I demand my cultural right to go clubbing on a Saturday night, get rat-arsed, eat a greasy kebab and fall over in the street.

10 Aug 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

"embarrassment & breakfast" LOL

10 Aug 2017     

pilarnavarro
Spain

About British stereotypes, why don �t you take a look at The HOW TO BE BRITISH collection by Martyn Ford and Peter Legon?
This book has plenty of funny pictures and cards that you can show on display and are certainly very funny.

13 Aug 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

This short clip is great for teaching sequence/imperatives and ... Charlie is so cool! 

13 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun. - Anonymous

Canadians can easily �pass for American � as long as we don �t accidentally use metric measurements or apologize when hit by a car. Douglas Coupland

Canadians are very well behaved, they don�t throw their food. Calvin Trillin

16 Aug 2017