Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > What Do You Need? :)    

What Do You Need? :)

Zora
Canada

What Do You Need? :)

Hello friends!

I am back!  After a long time of being absent, and after some of life �s harsh up and downs, I realised that I missed creating and sharing resources with other teachers and friends. I have logged onto the site a few times but just to see how things were and if the site was still doing strong. which it is!

Now, I feel I need to get my creative juices flowing again, and thought that I �d simply ask - what do you need??  What have you had trouble finding or wish there was more of???

ESLPrintables has so many great resources, but there are always tiny niches, sectors or topics that don �t really have that many resources or worksheets and I �d like to help add to those ones, if possible. 

15 Aug 2017      

douglas
United States

Welcome back Linda, nice to see you here again!

16 Aug 2017     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Hello. I wish there were more powerpoints for startes- kids- about Britain and English speaking countries.

16 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

Thank you Douglas! It �s nice to be back. And Mariya, I will look into powerpoints - I admit it �s not something I use but I can always see if I can attempt to create in it. 

16 Aug 2017     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Thank you, dear collegue!!!

17 Aug 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Zora

Welcome back!  So good to see you back on this wonderful site.

If you are feeling creative, how about something on the nug nug tree

Looking forward to some of your weekend fun like you used to do.

Cheers

Jayho 

17 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

Jayho!!! Nice to see you are still here too!  

Ay, the good ole nug nug tree! We will definitely need to revisit that wonderful, but now lonely, tree and give it some love as we search for nug nug nuts to chuck at each other! 

17 Aug 2017     

valodra
France

Hello!
Nice of you to ask...;-))) What I need the most ...and takes a looooooooong time to prepare : worksheets or games ( esp card games )or PPTs for Special Needs students ( ie : with Learning - & other ! - difficulties ) It �s OK for the younger ones : there are plenty of resources here ; but for older students ( 14 to 16 year-old ones in my case ) , it �s more difficult because the language has to be very basic & simple, but they are teenagers, & I can �t give them papers "too babyish" if you see what I mean ;-))
For ex, they need to learn likes & dislikes ( I like , I love ..I don �t like ) but NOT with toys or food & sweets... . They need to speak about themselves ( what they usually do ; what they did...= Why not teach them the Past Simple ? : but no grammar, just yesterday, or last week, I went ....I bought.....I watched.....with teenagers interests.....
Not asking, just answering your nice message ;-))
Have a great weekend,
Val 
PS : I just thought of something else : as an English teacher, I spent a year in England - just like so many teachers here...But I am getting old, and the language teenagers use has changed - a lot !! It would be great to have papers about the language teenagers from Canada , the USA, Australia, Britain, Ireland....actually use nowadays ( ie : how do they say they are happy ? Something is great ? they love/ hate  something? etc !!! I must admit I am sometimes lost - even with the French expressions they use today !!! With my older students, French just seems to have become a foreign language !!! ;-))) Many of their expressions come from English ( but might be difficult to understand by a native-speaker !!! I�ve just discovered a new one : "Oh! Il est less ! meaning ( negative feeling about someone ): He is thick . The "word" seems to come from the English word useless. I�m not even sure about it !! )

18 Aug 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi valodra, I �m sure Linda will come up with something! In the meantime, do you know about the Excellence Gateway materials? Might be suitable for your teenagers. 

And do you know eslflow.com? That�s a good website, lots suitable for teenagers and a lot of stuff about slang and �street talk�. 

18 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

Hi Valora and Cunliffe,

First off, have you tried Beginner or False Beginner resources for adults? Many of them are very easy, free of complicated verbs and the vocabulary isn �t baby-ish? It might be the answer to what you are looking for.  That said, I will take a look at some of the special needs resources and see if there is something I can help create.

Secondly, your idea about teen language is a GREAT idea. You would not believe how much their lingo has changed over the past few years. I spent a weekend with some pre-teens and their older brothers a while back and it was surprising to say the least. Kids really do use text messaging IRL (in real life).They do say, OMG and stuff like that. Let �s just say, it was enlightening. 

18 Aug 2017