Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you help me please     

Could you help me please

Ali S
Oman

Could you help me please

Dear collegues I need your opinion in the below questions 1.��� How can we integrate�the teaching/assessment of reading with the teaching/assessment of speaking. Explain your answer 2.��� List some of the advantages/strengths and disadvantages/challenges of using interviews as teaching/assessment methods for the speaking skill 3.��� Is Reading Aloud a reading task or a speaking task? Explain�your answer, with examples if possible Thanks in advance

23 Oct 2017      

Mr. TITA
Morocco

dear Ali S,
you can start your reading session with an open discussion (speaking) about the content of the text as a pre-reading activity. you may ask stuents to predict  what the text might be about or let them ask some questions which the text may possibly answer. students can be allowed to read the text silently and check their predictions. they can answer the assigned questions about the text. you can use the content of the text in the post reading activity and let your students speak about the usefulness of the text, what they have learnt from the text, why the text is important. you can ask questions for the sake of critical thinking and problem solving. while your students are talking it �s better to use a checklist to note their pronunciation mistakes which you can correct unintentionally later on.

23 Oct 2017     

Ali S
Oman

Thanks a lot

24 Oct 2017