Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Notifications for students with good marks    

Notifications for students with good marks

sunrising ever
Egypt

Notifications for students with good marks

I am used to writing notifications for students with lower marks (less than 12 out of 20) , and the notifications have to be signed by their parents. However, I never wrote notifications as praise for students with good marks. I would be grateful if u have a well-organized form and u share it with me. Since I feel that the high achievers need to be recognized even by their parents when they take high marks in English. Thanx in advance

29 Oct 2017      

yanogator
United States

I think a personal note would be much better for this than any form. It shows that you are personally acknowledging the student �s achievements, rather than performing some official task. The negative notifications are an official way of letting the student and parents know of the need for improvement, so they are a different matter.

Bruce 

29 Oct 2017     

FrauSue
France

In the UK it �s popular to send a postcard home to acknowledge excellent work or sustained effort. See some examples here: http://www.schoolstickers.com/en-gb/products/postcards . You could easily make your own version of something like this.

30 Oct 2017     

SaraMariam
United States

I agree with Bruce. A lovely note under their marks, words of encouragement .. my students love that. Depending on the age I also put a sticker or stamp for great work (not only for marks, but when I see that a child put a lot of effort, for example, because not every kid is made to reach 20/20 and yet they work so hard and should get praise for that in my humble opinion ;) )

1 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

All of the above! A personal note and a postcard home for a series of good marks. Very popular with pupils. 

2 Nov 2017