Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New Word for "Daffynition"    

New Word for "Daffynition"

MoodyMoody
United States

New Word for "Daffynition"

Thank you, maryse, for selecting me as the winner for "bardolatry." In the USA, the real definition of the next word will be very important next week. I don �t want the real definition; I want to see your best confabulations of it!

The Word of the Day is...

Magirology.

I �ll pick a winner either when I get a good selection of daffynitions or when the topic goes off the board, whichever I feel like. Enjoy! 

17 Nov 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It is the study of sunflowers, with specific reference to size. Why do some sunflowers grow to monster proportions, their stamens and other flowery bits reaching to join their namesake in the sky, whereas some droop and stoop and look as miserable as sin? It is actually a truly fascinating field of research. 

17 Nov 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Magirology is the new hype so-called science, which is a mixture of magic and astrology. It �s purpose is to use magic combined with the study of the astrological signs in order to heal people from all diseases.

17 Nov 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Jesus, i �ve just noticed the typo: "Its purpose", not "It �s purpose"!

18 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@jfaraujo, that daffynition is genius!

But here is the real one. It is the ability to make every member who reads this forum add a daffynition. People who have this power, i.e. petit old moi, just have to concentrate and wish this to happen. Right, eyes closed..... (Pause). Done!  Let �s have your daffynitions!!!

19 Nov 2017     

spinney
United Kingdom

Mariology is the study of the Virgin Mary in religion and her effect on popular culture.

19 Nov 2017     

eddie007
United States

how to see remembered passwords in microsoft edge Microsoft Edge browser allows users to save passwords for the websites or application regularly visited by them.

19 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I suspect the last post (from eddie007) is spam. Sherlock Holmes has got nothing on me

19 Nov 2017     

spinney
United Kingdom

Mariology, the repeated use of spammers trying to get users to click on their links. I do, of course, refer to the above post by the mysterious eddie007.  

19 Nov 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"Magirology".

The answer leaps off the page at you!

Ma = Mother.

Ology = the study of a subject. 

Giro = the verb �gyrate�, (as in French �giroire �, Italian �girare �, Spanish �giratare �, Portuguese �giurade �, and German �hochgeschwindigkeit �.

Magirology = A detailed family knowledge of the wisdom of spinning your mother on one of those Rotating Computer Chairs ... clockwise; anti-clockwise; uncle-clockwise; brother-in-law-clockwise; and so on.

(Oh, I wish you wouldn �t make it SO EASY!!!)

Les Douglas

20 Nov 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Magirology. What a word !

This is an acronym ; Mechanism Able to Give Ideas Original and LOGical from Yesterday.

20 Nov 2017     

1    2    Next >