Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any writing activities ,please?    

Any writing activities ,please?

marzouga
Morocco

Any writing activities ,please?

Dear colleagues , could you possibly help me with some writing activities for high school students;Such as gap filling paragraphs from the list .If there are also suggestions of books or sites or whatever resources, please? Thanks in advance

16 Feb 2018      

joannajs
Poland

Hi there,

Depending on the level of your students you can always use writing tasks from Cambridge exams (Key for Schools - A2, Preliminary for Schools - B1, First for Schools - B2, Advanced - C1, Proficiency - C2). I don �t know what level your students are - hence all levels. I �d also suggest the "for schools" versions whenever possible as the vocabulary will be more suitable (without e.g. topics regarding work and professional life). The writing tasks range from a short note (35-45 word emails at Key), through a 100 word long letter or story (Preliminary), essays, reviews, proposals, reports etc. at higher level (much longer too). Google adequate handbooks for the right level, there you �ll find sample tests and guidelines on evaluation with feedback.

Gap filling is another matter - but you �ll find these activities as well - in Key and Preliminary under the Reading and Writing section, in upper levels in the Reading and Use of English  

best,

joanna 

16 Feb 2018     

marzouga
Morocco

Thanks dear Juanna for your help.It �s so much appreciated.

17 Feb 2018