Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > technical problem    

technical problem

spied-d-aignel
France

technical problem

Hi ,just a question to the geeks up there, I have created a new document  reorganizing and using images from  a previous document and as the size of the previous document was below 600 ko, the new arragement makes it way over 2000 ko!!!! I have tried compressing the pictures but to no avail. Any ideas? someeone? Thanks Sylvie

20 Feb 2018      

kohai
Latvia

Hello, Sylvie!
I saw your question on the Forum but didn�t dare to answer it at first, because my suggestion might not work in your case. But, as it�s easy to do and doesn�t take lots of time, you can just try. Try to copy everything from your ws and paste it into a new document. Sometimes it helps. 
If not, you have to go through a longer process. You have to delete the pics of your ws one by one and save the ws each time in order to find out which pics are the culprits (which are too heavy) and change them. Good luck! 

Maybe someone has a better solution?

20 Feb 2018     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Ruta, spot on!
Sylivie, Ruta is right! Copying everything onto a blank doc sometimes works, as all the changes made to the original doc somehow put invisible K �s in it -I don �t think there �s much more one can do. Surely on of your pics is way too large. To replace it, you could use the "exact size" tool in Google Images; a value of 400 in either width or height is a safe bet!
Regards 

20 Feb 2018     

karagozian
France

They are right. You have to find the culprit. That takes time. I didn �t answer earlier because thought there were better ways. But it seems that not. If it doesn �t work, send me the doc and I �ll try. Good luck. MOnique

21 Feb 2018     

spied-d-aignel
France

hi , thanks guys for your tips , well I decided to start the document from scratch again , taking the pictures from the file in which I had recorded them and not copying from another document and it worked!!! Next and handy for next Sunday, just before the HOLIDAYS!!!!!! I am getting good at this stuff!!!!Cheers, Sylvie

21 Feb 2018     

karagozian
France

I am looking forward to see the result. Thanks in advance.

21 Feb 2018