Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Open the brackets    

Open the brackets

ladzoya
Belarus

Open the brackets

HOSPITAL GHOSTS
 A few year ago while I (1. work)_____ as an engineer at a hospital in Mobile, Alabama, a strange thing (2. happen) _______ to me. I (3. be) ______ in the hallway of a unit at about 8.30 pm. At this hour,vthe families and friends visiting the hospital usually (4. begin)_______ to leave. I (5. notice) ______ an elderly couple walking towards me, but I really (6. not to pay)________ too much attention to them because I (7. make) _______ notes. The woman (8. pass) _______ me by, ,but the man (9. stay)________. He (10. say) _______: " You know son,vI (11. be) ______   a radar operator in the Ear. We akways (12. use ) _______ to make our maps in pencik in case something changed. That �s why they (13. invent) ________ erasers. You know, life (14. write)________ in pencils ,too. " I (15. look)  __________up to say something to the old man. But I was alone in the hallway. 

Thanks everyone for any help!

16 Mar 2018      

Zora
Canada

1. was working 
2. happened
3. was
4. began
5.noticed
6. wasn �t paying/didn �t pay
7. was making
8. passed