Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > classification of levels    

classification of levels

heikeo53
Mexico

classification of levels

I was wondering why on this excellent website the classification of levels is not done using the European Framework.
I think the devision into elementary, intermediate and advanced is neither very precise nor up-to date.

26 May 2018      

Jayho
Australia

The European Framework is mostly used in Europe.

This is a global website for teachers from all continents and countries.

Cheers

Jayho 

26 May 2018     

heikeo53
Mexico

You �re right, Jayho, it �s mostly used in Europe, but it is above all  a guideline used to describe achievements of learners of foreign languages and it �s getting more and more important in other countries e.g. in Mexico where I teach. Most of the English textbooks now indicate for which level they are suitable using the CEFR, which is crucial if you want to use a new one and have to decide which is right for your students . Non-native speakers  who either want to study or look for a job  in a European country or any other will have to demonstrate how well they master English and this is either done through the TOEFL or using the levels of the CEFR. 
By the way, thanks for the instructions with reagard to the type of website this is, but I �m aware of it.
Greetings from Mexico and no bad feelings, ok?
Heike 

26 May 2018