Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pen Pal Exchange    

Pen Pal Exchange

Adva
Israel

Pen Pal Exchange

Dear colleague,

I hope this letter finds you well,

My name is Adva  and I am an English teacher in an Elementary School

in 

Israel

As part of our yearly English program my school took part in an e-mail (e-pals) project with 6th

graders from  Nevada for the last 15 years.

Since we are going to have 3 classes this year we started to look for a third class in an elementary school abroad. Of course we prefer to activate the program with English native speakers but not in Jewish schools.

We would like to find a partner classroom and collaborate in order to practice foreign language skills and establish international friendships. This ongoing series of exchanging letters invites young people to express in their own words what they value most in life, they become familiar with different cultures and traditions. The project runs throughout the year and is suitable for all students. The simple email project is promoting tolerance and respect and aims to break down commonly held stereotypes about people in other regions of the world. Kids get a chance to understand how children from their own group of age, from the other side of the world share the same hobbies and everyday routines. It became the highlight of our English curriculum and we do hope to build a foundation for a long term correspondence relationship with new e-pals for effective communication and collaboration between classrooms.

If you have any other questions regarding the program

please feel free to ask.

I hope you can send this mail to a teacher or a principal you know to help me find a school to activate this program with.

Thank you very much

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Adva

12 Jun 2018      

gordana44
Croatia

Hello Adva! 

I would like to join your project. I have 6th grade students and we are from Croatia. 

This is my email. [email protected]

I am looking forward to collaborating with you.

12 Jun 2018     

starrr
Brazil

ME TOO, ENTER IN CONTACT PLEASE.

THANKS 

15 Jun 2018