Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NOT ALLOWED TO USE PICTURES FROM OTHER SITES    

NOT ALLOWED TO USE PICTURES FROM OTHER SITES

pollenyeah
Thailand

NOT ALLOWED TO USE PICTURES FROM OTHER SITES

HAlllowa. I �m a newbie in the group and I really don �t have any idea whether it �s okay to create worksheets using pictures from other sites. I really can �t draw.   Jijiij ... Forgive me for the bad English....  Thank you in advance.

20 Jun 2018      

kohai
Latvia

Hello!

I noticed that you had searched the Forum before starting a new thread with your question. That�s good! It means you have already seen the excellent answers by Douglas and Jayho. You asked, "So it�s okay to use pictures that don�t contain watermarks?" It �s not always 100% OK, but that is what most of us do.

It�s definitely not allowed to take pictures from ESL books and other ESL sites. It is said in the Rules and Instructions of this site and it�s VERY important to read and follow them. Good luck!

kohai

21 Jun 2018     

douglas
United States

Here �s what the rules say:

• Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

• You can ´t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it ´s against their terms of use.

• Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercise

So it depends on the picture and if it is copyrighted or not and if it comes from another esl site/book or not.

21 Jun 2018     

pollenyeah
Thailand

Thank you.... So I think I will just upload what I have and let the management decide whether to take it down or no...:)

21 Jun 2018     

barcaman1000
Thailand

Be careful with the watermarks they are not always easy to see. If you send a worksheet with one you get it sent back and that is a pain. Worth double checking.

21 Jun 2018     

manonski (f)
Canada

When you search through google images, you have the option to only get images that are free to use. Click on "tools" and then use the "usage rights" menu to select the type of pictures you are really looking for. 

21 Jun 2018     

pollenyeah
Thailand

thank you again....

21 Jun 2018