Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD competition 6/30/2018    

WOD competition 6/30/2018

redcamarocruiser
United States

WOD competition 6/30/2018

Thank you Lynne for choosing my entry in the WOD competition.

The new word to define imaginatively is. impignorated.

I �m looking forward to what you come up with. 

(Remember do not give us the true definition. Your entries should be original, made up, funny or weird daffynitions).

30 Jun 2018      

jfaraujo
Portugal

Impignorated is a pig which is both adored and hated by his fellow pigs because of his impish manners.

30 Jun 2018     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Impignorated is a child who behaves so rudly not even the pigs which live on his grandparents � farm can stand him.

30 Jun 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Very funny! I �m loving the entries so far.  

30 Jun 2018     

maryse pey�
France

IMPIGNORATED...
Oh yes... At the moment pigs are rated, not all of them, only the "impi" ones. That means the ones that do not believe in the "impedimenta" porcine craziness for which no vaccine exists.

30 Jun 2018     

spinney
United Kingdom

This word is connected to gender politics and has been around since the golden days of modern feminism in the 1960s. If a man of note or social standing was "impignorated," it meant that he was publicly denounced as a chauvinist pig by leading women �s groups because of his attitude or actions. Some men, by expressing their regret and changing their ways, have been very publicly "desimpignorated" by the same groups. 

1 Jul 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

I �m pleased to see the Competition is back again. I am even more pleased to view the excellent entries of my superbly qualified Colleagues. From all around the world they demonstrate their fantastic knowledge of the origins of English.

Excitedly, I open the Forum page of the Caption Competition, and what do I see?

WHAT? 

I SEE ...

A bigger Load of Tripe than there was on the tables, in the 1888 Tripe Festival.

More Rubbish than there was on the streets, in the 1978 Winter of Discontent.

And more Drivel than there is, today, in the 2018 "Nursery for 1,000 Babies".

The standard is so BAD, it is PATHETIC !!!

... and, I say that with the GREATEST of respect.

When looking at the word, �IMPIGNORATE �, any novice-linguist will NOT see the word, �PIG �.

The REAL expert will see the word , �IMPIGN �.

It is a cognate of the same linguistic, West-Germanic, Indo European family as, �IMPUGN �.

�IMPUGN � means ... "To dispute the truth of what   U   have just said or done!"

Ipso facto,  �IMPIGN � means ..."To dispute the truth of what   I    have just said or done!"

??? ... How DARE they!!!

Leslie Douglas 

1 Jul 2018     

Jayho
Australia

Actually Les, I first see the word imp, and then ignore so impignorated. to me means an  imp which has been ignored

Cheers

Jayho 

2 Jul 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

All wrong!

Impignorated is the past participle, or whatever that thing is called, of impignorate. It �s also an adjective, of course. It means �infused with colour �. In the newspapers this morning. �The races are on and the lasses are out, in their beautifully impignorated dresses. � 

3 Jul 2018