Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > BOOKS-FRIENDS - INTERCHANGE AMONG STUDENTS FROM BRAZIL X OTHER COUNTRIES    

BOOKS-FRIENDS - INTERCHANGE AMONG STUDENTS FROM BRAZIL X OTHER COUNTRIES

starrr
Brazil

BOOKS-FRIENDS - INTERCHANGE AMONG STUDENTS FROM BRAZIL X OTHER COUNTRIES

Hello, I am interested to exchange books and activities among other countries in a BOOKS-FRIENDS PROJECT.

THE PROJECT:

The idea is to exchange books among students from other countries - literature or something like that.

I have asked my students to choose a book for reading in the English language. After that, I would like them to send their books to the learners from other countries before this Christmas time as a special gift. The idea is also to write a few words about their impressions from the book and about them. Later on we can send letters or cards for different holidays. We can create a Skype conference for example with the learners from other countries.

We might start with writing a group letter to each other about our group members and the city. The idea of our project is also to send letters. In our world of technologies it is not usual for them to wait for letters and receive them. Also, one of the ideas is to create a hero who will travel from one country to another in a letter. When you receive the character, you need to make a video how you read the story from the previous country. Then together with your group you write a short story and send the character with it to the next country. And they do the same. In this case we can travel all around the world and have so much fun with it.

MAIN GOAL:

The main goal of this project is to improve the reading and writing of our students and provide them a safe environment to practice the English language in real life with other students at the same age and interests, find new friends and much more.

We are located in Curitiba city, Parana State - Brazil.

STUDENTS LEVELS:

My students are in HIGH SCHOOL - 14 to 19 years old. I have 100 students who could be interested. They are begginers, A1, A2 and some of them are B1/B2. They are doing technical and professional courses and they are learning ESP - English for specific purposes in these areas: Electronics, Electromechanics, Mechanics, Vehicules maintenance, Chemistry, Environment, Civil construction and Biotechnology.

More details of this project will be sent to you via e-mail, facebook messenger or other way you prefer. So if you are interested to be part of this project please let me know.

Send me a msg here with your e-mail address - INBOX. Thanks in advance for all teachers who will enjoy to participate of this project.

19 Sep 2018      

ShirleyZ
China

hi there,
i love reading and trying to collect more books to my hometown as a donation and inspiration.
I like your project.
send me more info via [email protected]
i am Shirley from Shenzhen, China 

20 Sep 2018     

starrr
Brazil

OK, TKS for the interest in our project.

I have sent to ur e-mail some guidelines, please read them and if u agree with it, lets start  doing the letters next week all right?

I wait for ur answer soon.

tks

suzana 

25 Sep 2018     

fathi
Tunisia

Hi Starr

sounds an interesting project. I have a group of 20 students...I ma ready to work with you.

Best regards

27 Sep 2018