Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > free scholarship for your high school students to study in the USA    

free scholarship for your high school students to study in the USA

joannajs
Poland

free scholarship for your high school students to study in the USA

Dear All,

Please share these news with your students about this free scholarship to go for a year to study in an American high school. The US government covers everything: flight here and back, stay with a host family, cost of tuition at school, also a student gets $125 pocket money monthly. The entry is highly competitive, at the beginning candidates have to write 3 essays, if they get through this hurdle - in December they write the essays again (3 essays in 45 min), an English test, do a group task and have an interview. Final results are announced in April.
What they are looking for in candidates are not perfect grades (my daughters who both got in are far from brainiacs), but social engagement, volunteering and personality. Candidates in my country are supposed to be either in the last class of junior high school or in the 1st or 2nd of high school, but you �ll have to check eligibility in your country.

The countries that can participate in FLEX (Future Leaders Exchange) are: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine.

There is also a sister program to this called a YES scholarship. Eligible countries: Albania, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Egypt, Gaza, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Israel (Arab territories), Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lybia, Macedonia, Maleysia, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Suriname, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, West Bank, Yemen.

Here are the links to both scholarshps

FLEX

YES

I am very familiar with Flex should you need info or a hand in applying (DEADLINE OCTOBER 16th). Don �t know much about Yes, though. It �s worth applying and giving it a chance, my daughter came back as a changed young lady! 

21 Sep 2018      

mamefr
Argentina

Hi! And for teachers? Do you know any plans? I want to take a course abroad. 

22 Sep 2018     

joannajs
Poland

There are some options for EU countries like a Comenius program for teachers (teacher mobility, seminars), but I �m not familiar with Argentina - sorry 

22 Sep 2018     

mamefr
Argentina

Many thanks.

23 Sep 2018