Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Waiting to long!    

Waiting to long!

ESL
United States

Waiting to long!

Dear Friends-

I love to share worksheets with you, but there seems to be a problem with the new Windows program. Everything saves as a docx or pptx. You need to really weed through red tape to send it as a doc..

Also, is there anyway to speed up the timing when you send a printable that you can get a printable? I think the wait has been two days. There are times when I see one (many) I need for the next days lesson as I am preparing, but the ones that I have sent are not published yet, so I cannot access the points to get the new ones.

I know everyone is busy, but there are such great work coming out, that it is hard to wait!

19 Mar 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Miss ESL,

Patience is a virtue - and congratulations

You seem to be a good contributor based on a look at the number of downloads you have already received.  You have over 100 points to your name - so you should already have your free downloads.  Sometimes it takes a couple of days for your 30 free points to be activated - most would say it is well worth the wait.

A little help hopefully - I have changed my options so that word always saves documents as .doc unless I otherwise tell it to - makes it easier for sharing with people as most people can not read the latest office documents.

Alternatively you could
Save as normal - then hit F12 and save again as a word document - there is a drop down menu that lets you select this option - it only takes about 2 seconds longer than normal to change.

Hope this helps.
Vickiii

19 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Miss ESl - don �t know if you noticed your "typo" but you wrote
waiting to long. What are you longing for??? LOL

I �ve made some real hum-dingers in my time!!
(Like pooping by the board instead of popping by!)

L

19 Mar 2009     

ESL
United States

Thanks Vickiii- A new semester has begun, and I am eager to get lesson plans done!

Libertybelle- Thanks for pooping bye!Wink

22 Mar 2009