Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > BEGGARS ARE AMONG US!    

BEGGARS ARE AMONG US!

genzianella
Italy

BEGGARS ARE AMONG US!

Have a look at this ws:

isn �t it disgraceful to beg for downloads (=points)?? Points should be earned not begged! Ws should be downloaded because they �re nice, not out of pity! How low would people stoop to get points ???

23 Mar 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

LOL! IT �S FUNNY...Clown

IF HE WANTS POINTS, HE SHOUL MAKE A BIGGER EFFORT... GREETINGS

23 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

In the time it took her to write her plea for points,  she could have made something worth downloading.

23 Mar 2009     

Lou2002
United Kingdom

Corrr, sometimes you sound so self righteous!  I love this site, but please have a little heart for those just getting started! 

23 Mar 2009     

genzianella
Italy

@Lou: so do you think it �s ok to beg for points? What if everybody when posting added "please download it, do it for my kids!", "download my stuff or i �ll slit my wrist", "if you don �t download it my pet bunny will die" ....
come on Lou, GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF!

23 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

There is no rule on this site forbidding people to do that. Am I for it? No. Does it influence me to download it? Again no.
At least the request to download is not in a thread in the forum.
How many people would have known about this if it had not been reported in the forum?

23 Mar 2009     

Lou2002
United Kingdom

Thank you genzianella, I have a perfect grip on myself!  I just happen to think there are more important things in the world.  Actually, I �m stunned by your response.  Anyway, can we leave it at that?  Let �s agree to disagree!

23 Mar 2009     

Mariethe House
France

you are so hard!

at least she asks! come on! how do you react when people are mean to you?

Or maybe you don �t need people! let us be generous! there are millions of ws on this site! and

after all, why do we make a ws in the first place? I do because I need one with my kids and I

enjoy making it! so if it can help someone who, humbly asks for it, I will give it to her!

23 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Why are people being so mean today??? This person has asked for us to download her/his worksheet but has done it in an inconspicuous way that bothers nobody! In fact, this should have NEVER been brought to the board. It is not very dignified of us to be doing stuff like this and personally I am ashamed of any of you who dared to scoff at this person!! Also, I am getting quite fed up with all this finger pointing today!

A game was reported stolen and it wasn �t copied. -  The member in question had just used the same template as another. It was a generic template, nothing special about it but because it LOOKED similar it was reported and the person didn �t even check to make sure it was copied before pointing it out!!!

Are we on a witch hunt again??

I honestly hope NONE of you are ever accused falsely or your work is laughed at... SHAME on all of you! Really!

Angry

Linda - the unhappy camper!!

23 Mar 2009     

Mariethe House
France

disgraceful! You are disgraceful genzianella when you make value judgement like that!

I encourage anyone with a kind and generous heart to download some of the ws offered by

shao!

Enough ! we don �t have the same means, the same needs, the same facilities, the same competences! please let us all be different and help each other!

23 Mar 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

I think it was okay and sincere of her or him to ask others for downloading her/his worksheets.
I also think it is generous to download to help.

I am a new user as well - I guess I started really using eslprintables around 1 month ago - and  I know how much I wanted people to download my sheets, so that I could also download other people �s work.

I was too embarassed to ask anyone to download my ws. So I did my best and made my own ws as good as possible and I think that is what s/he should do, and maybe that is what s/he is doing.

Also, I believe we must accept that people are different and act differently. Not to mention that we are dealing with very different people in here, from different countries and cultures, and what may seem shameful to some, might well be seen as a positive thing on the other side of the globe.

I just dislike it when people copy other teachers �s stuff - that �s different from me, but that �s no good... I guess cheating or stealing is NOT seen as positive anywhere. =P

^.^

23 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >