Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I WONDER ...    

I WONDER ...

nkappa
Greece

I WONDER ...

SHOULD WE GIVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO THOSE WHO DON �T HAVE MANY POINTS, BY DOWNLOADING THEIR WORKSHEET, GAIN MORE POINTS? OF COURSE IF THEIR WORK IS AT LEAST A LITTLE INTERESTING? IS IT FAIR OR NOT? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

30 Mar 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Download, if you think it �s worth downloading. Don �t, if you don �t find it useful. I think we shouldn �t foster mediocrity, lack of creativity. That would only encourage the new members to send more and more of �anything � just to get points.

30 Mar 2009     

nkappa
Greece

THAT �S WHY  I SAID "AT LEAST INTERESTING". I JUST THINK THAT EVEN A WORKSHEET ISN �T AS COLOURFUL AS OTHERS CAN GIVE THE TEACHER INSPIRATION TO MAKE IT A USEFUL WORKSHEET.

IF YOU SEE MY WORKSHEETS, I STARTED MAKING WORKSHEETS IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT ALL THOSE LOVELY TEACHERS HERE MOTIVATED ME JUST BY SEEING THEIR WORK!! IT REALLY HELPED ME!

30 Mar 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I like helping people and when they ask me for one of my worksheets, I send it to them if they don �t have enough points. But I �m against downloading worksheets just for others to get more points. This would mean that the quality doesn �t matter and that the member in question is not stimulated to create better material. My first worksheets weren �t accepted ( There was a different system do be accepted, I think five users had to aprouve the worksheets) and I worked hard in order to become a premium member. If we accept anything, people wont try to get better every day.

Silvia

30 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I think that most of us do work hard on the sheets we eventually upload. 
I �m with Ivona on this one. I will only download a sheet that might be useful  to me. I will not take pity on a member who has less points and download something that won �t be used eventually.

30 Mar 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good afternoon nkappa, good afternoon to you all!

I think this is all so relative... I �m afraid this is one of those cases in which we simply cannot establish a rule that is the same for every case.  

I �m not in favour of downloading a worksheet out of pity. However,  I have already downloaded some worksheets that I knew I wasn �t going to use . And sometimes I wasn �t even asked for it, I just looked at a worksheet of a user with few points and thought there was potential in it  and so I downloaded it. Sometimes twice! Sometimes three times!... .

Is that fair? Is that not fair? Who �s to say? 

There �s something I always do though - I  make a point of letting that person know that I �m looking forward to her/his next contributions and seeing him/her improve with ESLprintables. And I do what I say. I follow that person �s work for as long as I think they still need improving.

But again, there �s no recipe. Each case is a case. We must trust our capacity tojudge each of them and do the right thing.

Have a nice evening!
mena

30 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I have downloaded a couple of wss which I thought had potential but need a bit of work - I fixed them (to what I thought was better) and sent them back to the person suggesting that the changes I made may make it more downloadable.   Of course,  this takes time which I don �t have that much of, unfortunately.

30 Mar 2009     

nkappa
Greece

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES! I BELIEVE ALL OF YOU HAVE A POINT!!

30 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

I am new here and I must say that Mena �s kind comments were really motivating :) I am one of the newcomers whose ws Mena downloads 3 times :P And not just Mena. The other members who have downloaded my work and left kind comments- thank you for inspiring me.�

30 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Hi everybody , I was grumbling �why my ws was not downloaded much , am I not good enough � etc. But this is the real motivation. Here is a magical site and there are fairies who trigger and motivate new users . I was one of them and now I share better ws and they are not the best but they will be :) we are all improving :) Thanks all of you...

To come to your question , I download ws that I can get benefit from...however I try to select the overlooked ones ;) 

30 Mar 2009