Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Hard Work in Vain    

Hard Work in Vain

Paree
India

Hard Work in Vain

Dear All,

I dont intend to market my worksheets here...... but I am very disappointed..... ONLY 7 downloads for 6 Hours long effort.............. Is my worksheet bad???? I need your opinion.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=206364#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=206368#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=206372#thetop

ThanksCry

31 Mar 2009      

g�ztan
Turkey

dear paree I want to ask you a question.although I have 61 points,it is seen 54 on my page.do you know the reason?how will it be corrected

31 Mar 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Dear paree, please don �t be so frustrated. I �ve taken a look at the 3 printables and the games seem like many others I �ve seen here. Might that be the problem? I have no idea.  I cannot judge your work because I don �t teach so young children. The only thing I can tell you is that the rules should be uploaded with the game, not in a separate worksheet. You just have to resize the images.

There are lots of reasons why peole may have not downloaded your worksheets, as for example the timing, the topic chosen, the content, the layout, the amount of exercises, etc, etc,.... But I do believe those reasons are really not decisive per si.

So my first suggestion would be that you compare your games with the most downloaded similar games in the site and see what made  people download those and not yours. It always works. As for the second suggestion, I think we should not create worksheets for ESLprintables, we should create them for our students in the first place, otherwise we �ll be taking the risk, as you �ve said, to be working in vain.

Have a nice day! Hug
mena

31 Mar 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Dear Paree! Your wss are nice. I should agree with Mena - " we should create them for our students in the first place, otherwise we �ll be taking the risk, as you �ve said, to be working in vain." This site is very motivating and it helped me to create my own style and to inprove as a teacher. I have never thought of creating such beautiful wss before. But each ws I uploaded was created with definite purpose for definite students (children or adults) I didn �t want to get thousands of points. Create your wss for your students and for your own pleasure!!!!! And you will see they will be very popular! Even if only six people downloaded your work , it was not in vain. Good luck and have a nice week!

Svetlana�

31 Mar 2009     

nejar
Peru

Dear Paree,

I thought this place was for sharing our work not for acquiring a certain number of points. Take it easy and relax. The most important thing here is that your Worksheets should adjust your students � needs and context. Not all of us have the same audience and students � with the same needs. Eventually, there will be teachers with similar needs who would like to download your material regardless the reasons they choose for downloading them Take pride on your work. We learn from others too, each one has his/her own style; still, looking at others � worksheets we can find ways to make them more attractive (if that is your concern) without losing your style.

Have a good day! Thumbs Up

Nelly

31 Mar 2009     

vesnushka
Belarus

�Dear Paree, just forget about the points. Create you ws for your pupils and, of course, for yourself! And I can assure you - soon your contributions will be appreciated by many teachers on this site! Have a nice day! :)

Natalia

31 Mar 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

In my opinion, Paree, most people would not choose to download 3 times in order to have just one game. Maybe while your work is still among today �s contributions some teachers (more than 26 so far) will download it but tomorrow will be another story. At least the game and the instructions, as Mena pointed out, should be in the same worksheet. And, if you did it for your students, your work was not in vain.  One of the printables I uploaded today got only one point but it was worth doing it because it was a special request from one of my students.  I did it for her and now I am sharing it.  Who cares about points when we already have more than 30?

31 Mar 2009     

lilytech
Argentina

Paree, points are not like the stars on a film critic , you should be proud of your contributions and do not depend on the points your  worsheets  get . Up up , Paree, happiness has nothing to do with points.

31 Mar 2009     

borna
Croatia

It �s not in vain if you used them yourself! I personally like them, but don �t need such worksheets, since I don �t teach young learners.

31 Mar 2009