Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > why are their points more than the total downloads of their worksheets ?    

why are their points more than the total downloads of their worksheets ?

ng1972
Turkey

why are their points more than the total downloads of their worksheets ?

please   look at this links :   http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=47#thetop

this member  has 1032 points but he has 200 downloads

this  one has  1521 points  but she has  476  downloads

What is wrong  with them ?  Victor  ! please  have a look at them. There are several members like them.

9 Oct 2008      

Anna P
Brazil

The �downloads� refer to how many times the person has downloaded other printables.  This number has nothing to do with the points.
In the examples you used, the member has 1.032 points because his printables have been downloaded 1.032 times. He has 200 downloads because he has downloaded other members� printables 200 times.
It sounds confusing but it is very simple.

9 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

I don�t think that Anna P is right.
I have about 280 points.  The 280 is the sum of the downloads I got on different worksheets. I have 42 downloads. That means that I have downloaded 42 worksheets outwith my premium membership.

The users nilay1972 pointed out cannot have the amount of points stated according to the sum if you add up their downloads on each worksheet. I think there might be a technical fault. I also wondered about the date of the printables. I think it was always the 23rd January 2008. Might be a coincidence, though.

I think I read a comment on the board before about a member mentioning too many points. Very noble by the way. Victor replied, that he will sort that out.
I think it�s best to leave it to him.

Thanks again to Victor!

9 Oct 2008     

victor
Spain

Nilay means that this member has 1032 points but his contributions have been dowloaded 200 times.
This happens because in this site, at the beginning, points were not given for downloads, but for average rating.
(there were not many users and the number of downloads was very low).

9 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Thanks for the answer Victor. I�m glad there�s nothing wrong. That means this doesn�t cause you any work. :-)

10 Oct 2008     

ng1972
Turkey

Thank  you for your explanations.

10 Oct 2008