Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I should have reported it!!    

I should have reported it!!

Pacchy
Argentina

I should have reported it!!

Yesterday tichorsergio uploaded an online exercise which was not his own creation. I sent him a private message to let him have time to delete it  ( not to threaten him) but I got this as an answer:

I �m using it for my own purposes, for that reason I created an online exercise and I �m not just scanning it. So what �s wrong with that? I �m not sharing it with anybody. And I would like you to know that the Cambridge ESOL Examinations are open to all people. If you want, you can download the material from their website. And never, never, dare to threaten me again! You poor Argentinian. tichorsergio

This is the link to the scanned exercises from one of KET Cambridge books:

Give me your opinions. I have just sent Victor a message.

Kisses,
Pacchy

9 Apr 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

DOn �t worry about what he said, though the last part sounds very pejorative.
Report to Victor  the copied exercise and he will do something with that.
regards, PAULA

9 Apr 2009     

cely
Argentina

Hi!
As Paula said DON �T WORRY about his comments, may be he didn �t understand what you wanted to say. Although I think he was very rude.
A big hug . Cely

9 Apr 2009     

tichorsergio
Mexico

Hello there,

I just answered the way you post your comment. I don �t like to be threatened. Oh, well that was it seemed to me.

Here �s your comment: "I like the ket exam but it looks familiar. isnt it from Cambridge publications of old exams.
Be careful!!"

You didn �t mention it.

9 Apr 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

she didn �t threaten you, however, you did with this phrase And never, never, dare to threaten me again! You poor Argentinian. tichorsergio..
I think your pejorative last words make me  answer this post,
Please don �t use that kind of vocabulary, this is a community for sharing not for fighting
PAULA

9 Apr 2009     

tichorsergio
Mexico

I apologize for the words I used, you �re right. This is not the place for fighting. But the words he/she used "Be careful" sounded kind of rude to me too.

9 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I guees it was not good at all to say:" You poor Argentinian", for me it sounds really bad... oh came on "paisano"... I think you misunderstood her phrase "be careful" for me it sounds like an advice...

Let �s keep the peace, cheers to everybody

9 Apr 2009     

tichorsergio
Mexico

You are 100% right, Julieta. And I offer my apologies again to everybody. I �m not rude at all, but those words bother me a lot.

9 Apr 2009     

Marilove
Mexico

In my opinion, you did well.Thumbs Up    First, I �m sure that he already knew that.   I think everybody knows this site conditions already.  Second,  He said that... he �s not sharing it with anybody , this site was made especially for that, wasn �t it?  so ... I don �t understand what he �s talking about.   And last, he shouldn �t act the way he did,  he could �ve replied without being offensive.  I �m ashamed,  not all mexicans are the same! Disapprove

9 Apr 2009     

cesitaluis
Argentina

sometimes nationalities is a really complex topic, because you run the risk of sounding pejorative and offensive as in this case. now i think that i use "be careful" a lot a no one has never ever reacted this way. we are grown-ups, let �s act as such.

9 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Anyone ever heard the word �vilification � before? It is derived from �vilify �. If not, I recommend looking it up in a dictionary - particularly you, tichorsergio.

In countries like Australia there is specific legslation against vilification & it is possible to wind up with a criminal record if you are charged with related offences.

9 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >