Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > How are stolen contributions voted    

How are stolen contributions voted

ssrl10
Spain

How are stolen contributions voted

Today I have reported a stolen contribution, sent a private message to the one who copied it from a website and written a message on the message board and damielle has told me that people are voting to delete it. How is it done? Can those voted stolen contributions be seen anywhere?
Thanks

11 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Hi my dear ssrl10,

You can neither see nor vote the reported stolen contribution because only those members who have more than 1,000 points can do it.

11 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Ok, thanks damielle. Then, I will never be able to see it because I will never have 1,000 points. I don�t think it is fair because I have seen people with more than 3,000 points with many stolen contributions (all of them copied from already existing sites). I think that everybody should have a say on that topic, no matter how many points you have. If some contribution is stolen, why should it be voted?

11 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Moreover, if someone steals a contribution, why doesn�t he/she get all his/her points removed? Then, people will stop stealing worksheets ot copying them.

11 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

You can write on the report at the botton of the worksheet p�ge and it will appear on the voting page. Don �t worry because your opinion will also count if you think that it should be deleted. And, come on!!! you will always be able to reach 1,000 or more if you really want to!!!!

BTW, don �t you think that members with less than 1,000 should see the reported worksheets so as to learn which ones are accepted and which ones are not?? Be careful: I don �t mean that they shoul�d be alowed to vote, only to see which type of worksheets have been reported.

11 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Yes, that�s exactly what I meant. I would like to see which ones are reported to see if that is true because even if you can�t vote, if you agree or don�t agree, you can write to Victor. It would be useful. Moreover, if someone steals one of my contributions and I am reported to be the one who stole it, I should be allowed the oportunity to prove that my contribution is the original one. I guess there may already be a way of doing it that I don�t know. I just enter the website to post my contributions and download someones from time to time, maybe there are many things I don�t know yet.

11 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

It has never happened to me, I�m just asking. I mean, there are people writing me private messages asking which contrubutions I have stolen. I have stolen none. I was speaking only about stolen ones that I have spotted and reported.

11 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that if someone says that you have stolen a contribution, Victor will check the dates and delete the newer one.

11 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ ssrl10 what you suggested above (Moreover, if someone steals a contribution, why doesn�t he/she get all his/her points removed? Then, people will stop stealing worksheets ot copying them) is the most sensible thing i �ve heard.

1 it should be specified in the rules of the site
2 the user will have to agree to the rules (it will be his/her problem later on if he/she decided not to read them)
3 if ONE of the rules is broken, you �re out and you can either start from scratch or go to another site
4 THAT would teach them a lesson! the changes must be radical or thieves will rule the site

12 Apr 2009     

eglantine
Turkey

Hi everybody,
I wonder where we can see the reported ws  is there a place
usually I don �t leave a warning message to the stolen ws when I report them so I think everyone should see the reports with the stolen ws together and also I would like to learn the results of reporting  Is this possible?  Good night to you all :)

12 Apr 2009