Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Cultural exchanges among the students from the other countries through SKYPE.     

Cultural exchanges among the students from the other countries through SKYPE.

rjm1203
Korea, South

Cultural exchanges among the students from the other countries through SKYPE.

Nowadays, I �m thinking about  cultural exchanges
among the studnts from the other countries through SKYPE.

I think the students � exchanging letter is also good way
to improve their English and cutural understanding.

But The world is getting smaller and faster because of the Internet~

It it �s possible~ Meeting each other through SKYPE during the class,
The students will be motivated and get interested in learning English~!

What do you think about that ?

12 Apr 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

I have found that being able to communicate with other people using English is  really encouraging for them.

I am interested in making my students interact with others in other countries.

12 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

I find it �s a great idea!~

a couple of months ago...i posted a message....and i was searching for other teachers interested in this...unfortunately, i couldn �t continue with the exchange

i didn �t realize  the time it takes. for those teachers that i had to decline: sorry!

but sure, exchanges between cultures and ESL students in my opinion, is something to look at...and can be very fun change from the routine of the classroom.

12 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think the main problem is the time issue.  You need to be on-line at the same time.  It �s a bit hard to organize. 

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Yes, timing can be difficult!

Maybe it would be better to start an email exchange with another class in a similar time zone & then arrange a monthly video Skype (or similar) call. This way it can be scheduled around other school commitments & the preceding month �s communications can be used to provide meaningful content for the video call.

12 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Speaking for my students/school - they always need to practice their writing so I prefer letters or e-mail.  That � s why I �m going to get my kids started on  Erin Helland �s  Post card exchange.

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I like the sound of that Barbara. When I settle in to the new school I might see if anyone wants to participate in that. Smile

12 Apr 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

that �s a brilliant idea! I have already tried that. by the way. have you ever hard abot lingolex? there students can also chat in English and Spanish spanglish. its excellent.

16 Apr 2009