Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for watching TV programmes or films    

Ideas for watching TV programmes or films

Coversyl
United Kingdom

Ideas for watching TV programmes or films

Hello all,

I would like to work on listening by means of TV programmes (preferably British) or films with my Dutch year elevens (15-17 years old). Has anyone got a good idea or a nice worksheet with a programme or a film? I don�t really know what my students would like, but can get my hands on just about anyting.

Thanks,

Coversyl

12 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

Try this:

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:  
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

There are some nice things here and if you don �t find what you need,  try googling the same topic.
                                            Have fun!

12 Apr 2009     

Coversyl
United Kingdom

Thanks eng789, I will remember this when I go looking for film worksheets. It is certainly very helpful.
However, I was wondering if any of you out there have experience with actually showing videos to the age group I am working with. There is so much on this website and on the web, I don�t have a clue where to start.

Cheers,

Coversyl

12 Apr 2009     

wunia
Poland

My students love Idioms presented by The Teacher :) (try �the teacher bbc � on youtube, the bbc website features a simple standardized worksheet to be used with all the episodes of The Teacher, I can email it to you if you have problems finding it). But that �s more vocabulary work than listening.

My students generally get bored if we watch more than 25mins of film. So I think it �s a good idea to use shorter cartoons or sitcoms or various youtube clips than movies. Mr Bean is excellent for esl.

Generally, I think it depends on the topic you are currently working on. For example, when I was doing a unit on magicians I �ve found the instructions on how to perform a magical trick on youtube. And I �ve seen a teacher using bbc �s talking nation with people talking about exam stress when he was doing a unit about education.

12 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Some links here.

12 Apr 2009     

Coversyl
United Kingdom

Thanks very much wunia! The Teacher is brilliant, I love it. Very helpful doing vocab indeed, I think I will use it for my younger lot.

13 Apr 2009