Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Unfair members    

Unfair members

zailda
Brazil

Unfair members

After hours revising reported wss I have a question: Victor, can you - please - add to the rules (if it isn �t there yet) that members with wss reported more than once (or twice, or...) will have their accounts cancelled?

In most sites, if you are reported for the second time your profile is excluded. I think unfair members give us hard work, their wss use space unnecessarily and they don �t belong here.

If the other members agree - or if you think it �s a good suggestion - delecting some profiles will spare us some hours of our new task.

Some members have lots of reported wss - stolen, copied, scanned, empty, corrupted, with only pics and no activity, etc... They do all sorts of things against the rules. I know that delecting their wss and making them lose their points is a penalty. But is it enough? They keep uploading poor material.

Or - just in case - is there a way to make the wss for the next day available for members who will vote before they are published, so the ones that don �t fit the rules could be barred from being published? During the day we could report the wss and we �ll have only very few published to report.

Is it possible or is it a crazy idea due to the late hour?

13 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Hi zailda, I �m also surprised with the high amount of reported worksheets. Besides, I �m a little sad to see that  some people want to cheat all the time. But I think that everybody should have access to see the reported worksheets. Although I agree with Victor that only those members who have a certain amount of points can vote, I believe that it would be great for everybody, specially for new comers, to see the citeria to remove a ws. I don �t know if that is possible.

13 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

When you register here you read the rules, at least I did. So in theory everyone knows the rules and the criteria used to delete a ws. But in my opinion it �s not enough to delete a ws if the member keeps cheating. I think it �ll be better for the oher members and for the site to exclude unfair members who keep doing things against the rules.

If we get all of them out of here maybe we �ll have a �clean � site so new member won �t have bad role models and bad examples to follow. Just my opinion.

13 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I totally agree with you, Zailda.  Canceling the account of members who continuously upload stolen material is already a rule (If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled) that will hopefully be put in practice now.  I am also astonished at the number of members (teachers!!) who do not take the time to create their own work. One of them claims to be a 12 year old student � and most, if not all, of her contributions are not original. She definitely does not belong here.  Other members constantly upload the same ws twice, to gain more points � which they do!

Hopefully, Victor�s new idea of asking us to review reported wss will curb this practice and raise the level of the contributions.  It is very hard work but worthwhile. I can�t imagine how Victor managed to do all this without assistance

13 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

The idea was really good and I don �t know how he managed that either. And I guess if we get all the cheaters banned we �ll have a better place with valuable work from "real teachers" (didn �t I read somewhere here that this site is for teachers?).

I can �t accept teachers cheating and I ask myself if they let their students do the same. What kind of role models do their students have? What if their students want to follow this kind of "teachers" � footsteps?

I �m also sad with the situation but look at the bright side: we �re going to get a better site after they get lost.

13 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you,girls. But when I said that everybody should know the criteria to remove it, I really meant that knowing the rule and seeing how a stolen contribution is assessed may have a shocking effect for those who are tempted to cheat.

Some people may think that uploding any kind of ws would be OK because  it would be hardly ever found out. Nevertheless , they forget that there 164910 registerd members and at least 10 % of them, usually surf the net and find out the coiincidences. So seeing how the wss are reported would help to discourage those who want to cheat

13 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

You �re right but we aren �t used to the idea that some of our "coleagues" use all sorts of unfair schemes to download wss here. Aren �t the ws that good? I think so, judging from their efforts in order to get points here.

But if they thought no one would notice what they did (and kept doing for a long time as we saw) they were completely wrong and now Justice will prevail...

Gosh! I think I got carried away.... sorry!

But from this point-of-view you �re right.

13 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

And some members open more than one account and upload the same wss on all of them! But that �s another story and it �s 1:40 PM here! Time to sleep and dream of a �cleaner environment � in eslprintables.

Sleepy  Good night! Tomorrow is Monday.

13 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

TODAY is Monday!

13 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Not in Mexico yet :) ...

13 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I don �t wanna be kinda party pooper, but it certainly will be... soon...

Good night!

13 Apr 2009