Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why my worksheet was removed?    

Why my worksheet was removed?

Alenka
Slovenia

Why my worksheet was removed?

Dear teachers,

I am really very confused , because I don �t understand why more than 50% of the moderators confirmed that I didn �t follow the rules of the website. I really don �t understand what is wrong with my contribution that I have made by myself with the help of eclipse crossword and using the bw redesigned picture from the Hppy street book, that my students use.
I am really really SAD and I fell that very unfair. I don�t think this system with the moderators about 1000 who have right to remove others worksheets is working right.

13 Apr 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Just upload it again, it must have been a mistake.

13 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Dear Pika,

I agree with everything that Silke said. 

I also didn �t see your ws among the reported printables any of the days, so I don �t know when this happened! 
I would certainly have voted for it not to be removed!!!

Maybe it was by accident???  Unfortunately, mistakes happen sometimes.

I download practically all your ws.  I know your work & I know you  put a lot of hard work and effort into creating your wonderful ws!!!!

If this had happened to me, I would also feel annoyed & sad.

I think you have the right to reupload it. If you see any more of your ws come up as "stolen" etc, inform us in the forum!

You have my support!

Enjoy the rest of your week,
Regards
Alex

13 Apr 2009     

grzincic
Serbia

Dear Pika,
You �re well known and respected member of this site because of your nice ideas and creativity and all your work is YOURS. I can �t see anything wrong with the worksheet and I don �t realize what is considered to be against the rules of the website. You took the picture from Happy Street, edited it and made your own exercise - isn �t it what most members do?
I think that moderators should deal with stolen worksheets, or those scanned from books and pictures without any other useful content. I believe this shouldn �t have happened to you or any other member who works hard to produce nice and useful contributions.
Best regards,
Maja

13 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Dear Pika.... I didn �t see it either in the reported printables.(yesterday or the day before!)..... maybe it is a glitch in the system? Email Victor! 

13 Apr 2009     

Hazza
Australia

Can �t we just allow each member to choose what is suitable for them? I have downloaded posters because they enrich the classroom with text or provide a discussion point with a child who is interested in the visuals. I can �t see that that is not providing an experience for a child!!
After all if no one chooses a worksheet it is removed anyway!!!!
I think stolen ones should be removed but I think that making judgments concerning other people �s work should be left to the members who are downloading!!!!
We have a wide range of ESL students in the classroom, many with disabilities. I use a lot of visuals with my autistic student because that is what works for her.

13 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello Pika,

Yes, you are right, it was a system error. Your worksheet was removed just after someone reported it. Nobody had time to vote.
I �ve just restored it, and we will be able to vote for 12 hours.
I �m very sorry for this error. I �m trying to correct it, so that things like this will not happen again.

13 Apr 2009     

class centre
Belarus

Dear Victor! It �s too sad to see our marvellous site turning into a kitchen quarrel. ESL printable or not - it �s not what this all is about! Only stolen worksheets have to be canceled, in my opinion. Don �t you know people - so many minds so many opinions. So the criterium has to be only one - stolen or not! If nobody likes the wsh - let it have 0 points and that �s it! When teachers begin judging other teachers it can go too far ( if you know teachers...) Sometimes a good poster with a funny line under it is worth ten minute explanation at the lesson! So why not let any sorts of wsh come to this site and then leave it to the teachers to use them or not without letting them offend others even if they don �t mean that.
You are the king here, dear Victor. Just rein !
Natasha

13 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi Natasha,

We are here to share our work, that is what eslprintables is about.
But if someone makes a worksheet like this:
Probably the cow wasn �t drawn by the user, so... I would say that the user is contributing nothing of his/her own work. If other users download this worksheet it would be because they like the cow. Should the user get points for a picture that he/she didn �t draw?
Moreover, it is a matter of space. We have limited gigabites, and we should reserve them for original ESL resources, not pictures that we could find in other websites. If we find a wonderful picture, we can share the link instead of making a worksheet with that picture.
It is different if you make a set of flashcards. In that case, you have to spend time looking for free pictures with the same "style" and topic. That is a personal work, and that is what we share here.

13 Apr 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I �m with you Victor. Just nice pictures anybody can find on the net or in books. Why don �t those teachers who send the nice frames or pictures make an effort and elaborate some nice exercises too?

13 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I agree with you all.There are many worksheets makers, including crossword makers which are for free and which have their own photographs to be used free of charge. I have used wordsearch and crossword generators and I don�t see anything bad in using them to create worksheets. I have seen many worksheets with just pictures taken from books or other sites and a name below which have been downloaded hundreds of times and nobody has reported them, so, why should this worksheet be removed?

13 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >