Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > New Suggestions    

New Suggestions

ESL
United States

New Suggestions

Victor-

How about letting us know who is writing what is being written about our worksheets before they are erased?

How about making people take the time to write a comment before they can download a printable- we have to take the time to write about our lesson before we download it, why not have the same when uploading?

As teachers, if a lesson does not work, we are taught to try and teach it again, differently. I strongly believe your spring cleaning was a good idea, but it has caused a lot of stress-for everyone.

Sometimes, people with too much power, take things over -the-top. Maybe revaluate this new status, and use some of the great suggestions others have made on this topic.

People need to really think outside the box. Clip art, charts, graphs, etc. can be used for many things. Teachable moments can happen with anything. Just because one person �s view does not see it this way, does not mean someone else sees it just right.

I also want to clarify something that many have cruisfied what they thought I said. (I really do not appreciate when others put words in my mouth, or try to stir up trouble.) I DID NOT say that saying hello and goodby was wrong. I was just trying to point out that this chatter takes up space on this site. But in all fairness to what you have been stating what this site really is, is a way to EXCHANGE RESOURCES "the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc."
Yes, it is nice to exchange greetings, but maybe start a chatter room then...

All in all, I work hard and like to share my work with this site, I enjoy seeing the great work others do also, but being disrespected has no place here. We are all adults, lets start over and treat each other like adults.

I hope that others who have condemned show that they are adults also.

American Flag Animated- White

P.S. Who ever made the comment about American �s being rude, I think that every culture can be this way...watching this site for the past week has shown this.

Lets just refocus on the site at hand-producing ESL work. Not bickering.

15 Apr 2009      

andreaewa
Uruguay

did you know we hava a private messenger?? 

15 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Hello:

I personally don �t have the time to write a comment for everything I download.  I like my comments to be substantive, if possible, not just "Thanks."  Those "thankses" are nice, and I appreciate them, but I appreciate even more the comments that help me make my work better.

If people are forced to leave a comment for everything, all we �ll have time for is typing lots of "THANKS" (or even less!  Thx?  Tx?  T?), which don �t necessarily help, they �re just polite.  I have no problem with people expressing their appreciation, but I think REQUIRING appreciation is too much.  It �s extreme to mandate politeness.

The fact that this site requires one to upload before they download is, however, fair in my opinion.  This makes the site work.  Forcing comments doesn �t.

I like the idea of a chat room with conversations that wouldn �t be saved for more than 72 hours from the first post of a topic, so they wouldn �t clog the server.  However, people could leave nice messages for each other, while others could bypass them if they chose to.

By the way, "Americans" in the plural shouldn �t have an apostrophe...

--zoemorosini

15 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

As I �ve already said, it �s better not to give names when you report a WS, imagine the fights "I said, you said..." Not a good idea.

Zoe is right "...but I think REQUIRING appreciation is too much.  It �s extreme to mandate politeness." I think saying thxs is enough. Maybe you could ask members who download your WSS to leave a messege about your work if you need it.

The chat room idea is great. Take a look at this: http://www.englishtips.org/ something like that would be great, wouldn �t it? We talked yesterday about the space occupied in the forum by pics and a chat room to be deleted in 72 hours would solve the problem.

Night, Olga

15 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Miss of Illinois

You are right ....

" Sometimes, people with too much power, take things over -the-top",

but the biggest problem is when

people with too less power take things over-the-top".

And when people with power ENOUGH
( I think you are from the land of room enough)
do what that power gives them the right to do, then, ...
everything is ok.

Everyone here is doing what has been being stated by following rules; when rules change, there is always a time to adapt. People from older"generations" in this site ( not me ) surely know what they are doing, however, some now and then some "newcomers" arrive, but older people, who have maintained this site for such a long time, are still here, so, we don �t need to be bored - they know what they are doing, and younger people should sit , listen and learn.
Hugs from PORTUGAL  

16 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

Hello!

I promised myself that I wouldn �t join the "bickering" that has been around here lately. But now I feel I have to share my opinion as well.

I have to say that I agree with you, Miss ESL of Illinois, about comments on reported worksheets being identified. I do believe the �rude � comments and reckless reports would diminish substantially. 

As for the chat room idea, I think it is great. If converstations could be deleted automatically after a period of time, the space occupied in the forum would  decrease.

I know I �m taking the risk of being called  �rude � and impolite as well, but I completely agree with Miss ESL of Illinois about the flashy hellos or goodbyes in the forum. They take up space and clog the forum display unnecessarily. It is very annoying sometimes trying to find out important and useful topics in the middle of so many pictures. There are some days that they are so many that I simply quit going through the latest topics. Therefore, the idea of a chatroom would solve this problem very easily and it would give the chance to members actually "talk" among themselves about any topic.

Greetings from a cold and rainy Braga (northern Portugal)!

Paula

16 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

Thank you all for your support. I think that it would be neat to have a live chat room, where we could chat directly with whoever is online...

Please, peace to all, lets end this topic once and for all...

Victor- if you are interested in providing this for free, try MEEBO.

Another suggestion might be to have a drop down box for people to choose reasons that are all "politically correct" as to the deletion of work. This may solve many of the issues brought on this site the last week.

16 Apr 2009