Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Curriculum    

Curriculum

Brentboy
Japan

Curriculum

Hi everyone,

I am now working at a school that has 0 english curriculum (Im sure many of you are in this situation) I have to submit a lesson plan every week. Do you know any site which has a consistent  curriculum with lesson plans. It will make my job much easier. I teach intermediate-advanced kids (4-8 years old).

Thanks

30 Apr 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Do they have any regular classes?  Or litterly you are it in the English curriculum?  If yes on the first create lessons that go along but are reinforcement to what is being taught adding some additional but fun stuff for the students.  The second find a textbook you like and have them get it.  I have to do both.  2 schools where I work as a supplemental (but can �t use the textbooks) and the third everything is from scratch.  I would start would basic phonetics and alphabet to test where the students actual level is.  Use the common letters first and then build on it.  If it is only once or twice  a week you see them you have a whole semester of lessons right there.  Picture cards with simple daily things to go with the letters and there are some on the site here.

30 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

http://www.efl-esl.com/

http://www.nc-net.info/ESL/guide.php

If you google - English curriculum for ESL  you will find some things  -  also it is a good idea and easier to work if you choose a course book.

Good luck.

30 Apr 2009     

susiebelle
United States

One of the main things YOU need to do is make a syllabus that lists your goals (ie... 1. teach alphabet/phonic skills , letter formation,  etc.,   2. teach numbers 0-10, working within sets, 1-10 etc...  3. teach primary shapes 4. teach primary, secondary colors..........etc. ) Once you know your ending goals you will be able to map the road to these goals within the time frame you have.  It may sound hard but once you do this, you won �t be overwhelmed.  The common sense approach is to think of the  course  you are teaching as a road  trip-  You must have a starting point and an ending point.  You can not make this trip without a map- or you will be so lost on your journey just trying to �find �your way.

30 Apr 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thanx a lot guys.......

1 May 2009