Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Don īt we need the timing option in our posts?    

Don īt we need the timing option in our posts?

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Don īt we need the timing option in our posts?

Hello everybody!

I īm a new member to this wonderful website. In fact, I subscribed last year and logged in once and since then I īve been away much busy and today is my second login. I talked to a member here called Akanah about a technical matter in this nice website and she suggested that I discuss the matter with the other members of the website. And here we go.

Well, I noticed that there is no timing in the windows of the forum īs posts (there īs just the date displayed on the bottom of the post īs window), so when you post a comment, the others wonīt know at what time exactly you wrote/sent the comment. Sometimes you may not care about this question of timing, but I īm sure that generally this matter is important, as is it in all the forums over the net.

Well, what do you think about this suggestion? Can we ask the owners of this website to fix this for us? Is it important or not?

Abdelhadi

6 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Well, my first confusion would revolve around ītime zone �. For example... I īm in Japan & it īs 8:40am. What time did you post your initial discussion?

Would we all be using Spanish time, GMT or what? Will Victor include coding that automatocally gives local time as well īESL Mean Time �.

If people learn how to use the forum then it īs easy to find former discussions -  by giving good, precise & clear discussion titles & adding appropriate key words for search purposes.

Just my thoughts!

6 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Hello alien boy. First, are you really an alien?

Second, yes what you mentioned is right. The question of time zone is a headache. Still, we can all agree on a common time like GMT maybe and then everybody should just calculate the difference between their time zone and that of "GMT," if it is the chosen one and if they have a time which is different from it. I think that īs what the other websites are doing. People throughout the world share discussions in forums and everybody knows when he/she and the others send the comments.

Don īt count on people to behave as you wish. If you are well organized (and maybe that īs bcz you are an alien) Tongue many others are not and won īt be Confused

6 May 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

Hi Abdelhadi!!!
I really agree with AB... I think people should be more clear in the forum... so we all understand the others requests!
21.18 P.M in Argentina!!!�

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I think, too, that many members get caught up just in the surface of the forum - there is a whole lot more than just the portion that greets you on the home page.

I recommend that everyone should make some time to use the helpful links provided at the bottom of the page as well as the ones at the side!

Oh, yes, I really am an alien & I have the identity card to prove it!!!

Your question, though, is worth revisiting in the forum - especially as I haven īt relocated an earlier discussion topic which covers the same issue to link to this thread....

Cheers!

(now 9:24am)

6 May 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

ohhhh... AB... �
12-hour time difference!!! thats a lot!!!
I īm going to sleep... and you are getting up of bed...�

(21.48 in Argentina)

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

It īs a holiday here today... who says I īm getting out of bed!!!

Oh, all my Argentine friends say that they only go out after  22.00 - are you being conscientious, ready for school tomorrow?

Good night!

6 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

alien boy???

Are you going to bed now?

But you said you are an alien.

This is a hot issue which should be discussed in the media. "An alien seen snoring in bed"Wacko

Well, until then.

Have a good night!

Abdelhadi 

6 May 2009     

evl422
United Kingdom

Perhaps relevant to this topic. Since people are accessing from all over the world, both for forum posts and for the free downloads, it may be useful to have a "clock" on the website showing the current "site" time in Spain (does Spain have daylight saving / clock changes?)

8 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

evl422

Your suggestion may be a good way out.

No there are no clock changes in Spain. It the same as in the rest Europe. This makes you wonder why there is no timing on the website īs forums while it īs become a very common thing in all the forums on the net.

In fact, this is not the only thing that should be added to this site. An account of members � contributions is another thing we need here. I have participated in many forums on this website and now if I want to go check one of my participations to see if there are any new comments, I have to spend a lot of time looking for it and sometimes you just can īt find it, especially if you īve forgotten the title of the thread. In the other websites, however, (and here I īm talking about Arabic ones) if you participate in any forum, all of your contributions will be saved on your webpage, and you may even be notified by an email about whomever has replied to your comment.

Anyway, I just hope things will change positively here

Have a good day

Abdelhadi  Smile

14 May 2009