Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Help with a TOEFL preperation class    

Help with a TOEFL preperation class

Pajalito
Colombia

Help with a TOEFL preperation class

Hello Everyone:

I hope that this finds everyone well.  I also hope that I get as many responses to this request for help as there are complaints about stolen worksheets!!!ShockedLOL  Sorry...but I had to say that!!!! 

Seriously, I am teaching a TOEFL prep class and am using the Longman ibt course book.  Of course, I supplement the course with anything and everything I can find online to give my students more opportunities for practice that is as similar to the test as possible.  However, I feel like I have exhausted all of my resources...

Can any of you suggest links to sites that have FREE practice in any or all of the four abilities? (especially looking for readings and listening based on academic settings and materials)...

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

6 May 2009      

wolfy
Chile

There are hundreds of online test just google it and you should find some. �If you want to a real test you �ll probably have better luck with a torrent.

6 May 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Didn �t the book come with a dvd or tape with it?  I tutor TOIEC students at the university here in Korea and we use one of the Longman course books and it came with a supplemental CD that they use to start the class with.  I am stuck in a class with no technology so I use real world conversation and dialogues based on the material being discussed.  I don �t like a lot of the dialogues so I create my own.  The conversations I pull starting conversations from Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom site.  Some I use from the site others I make my own on things that are relative to the type of students and their levels and what is being learned.

6 May 2009     

johnbrasil
Brazil

Try www.englishtips.org
They have loads of material there for all kinds of courses :-)

6 May 2009     

susiebelle
United States

The main thing students need more of as far as getting them prepared to take the TOEFL IBT is the speaking skills required now for the test.    The students seem to find this the most difficult of all the skills tested.  (Most of the students are SOOOO happy they have taken out the grammar section of the test)

6 May 2009